Since it is Christmas Eve I thought I would do the Christmas Songs book tag by That Artsy Reader Girl.
1. “All I Want for Christmas Is You”: Name your favorite bookish couple.
My favourite bookish couple is The Darkling and Alina Starkov from the Grisha Trilogy by Leigh Bardugo. SPOILER FOR FIRST TWO BOOKS: I have read the first two books in this series. They are not a couple but I really want them to be. I ship them so much.
2. “I’ll Be Home for Christmas”: Name a book where a character is away from home (school, vacation, etc.).
Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell because Cath is in university, she is great.
3. “Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas”: Name your favorite “little” book (children’s book, short story, novella, etc.)
No Place like Oz by Danielle Paige because it is an amazing introduction to the series.
4. “Santa Claus is Coming to Town“: What book(s) do you hope Santa brings you this year?
The Daughter of Smoke and Bone series because I have been wanting to read it for a while.
5. “Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer”: Which book turned your nose red? (made you cry)
I Was Here by Gayle Foreman made me very sad. I don’t cry during books but this came pretty close.
6. “The Most Wonderful Time of the Year”: What’s your favorite book to read during the holidays? (re-read? or a specific genre?)
Probably fantasy because I have tried to read the same fantasy book around Christmas for a few years and in the past I have read a few Harry Potter books during this season.
7. “We Three Kings”: What’s your favorite trilogy?
I haven’t finished any trilogies lately but the Uglies series by Scott Westerfeld is technically a trilogy because the fourth book is the future.
8. “Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow”: Which character would you not mind being snowed in with?
Étienne St. Clair from Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins because it sounds like he’s really attractive and he seems like a guy I could talk to and have fun.
9. “Last Christmas”: Which book seriously let you down?
The Wrath and the Dawn by Renée Adieh, I had heard such great things about the book but there was no plot. The ending of the book set up the rest of the series but the rest of the book nothing happened.
10. “White Christmas”: Which upcoming release are you dreaming of?
A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas because A Court of Thorns and Roses is my favourite book.
You all should do this tag and link it on That Artsy Reader Girl’s page.
Happy Holidays Everyone!