I have a non spoilery post about why you should read A Court of Mist and Fury in case you haven’t read this book yet.
Warning Spoilers for A Court of Mist and Fury are everywhere!!
My feels are broken after reading A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas. Go read A Court of Thorns and Roses and then A Court of Mist and Fury and then read this very spoilery “review” with me ranting about my favorite things and the things I hate. After all that we need to have a discussion the two (or more) of us.
1. Tamlin is terrible.
- How could he make Feyre wear all these uncomfortable gowns when he knows that she hates them?
- He locked her up and expected her to be okay with it. Feyre should go out and explore the court of her husband to be, get good relations with the people and she could help hunt those creatures because she’s knows how to.
- She literally seems like he only sees her every so often so that can have sex and he expects her to stay in love with him.
- As soon as Feyre leaves the court I started hating Tamlin.
- He made a deal with the King of Hybern to get Feyre back. He knew that she didn’t want to be with him and she had the mating bond with Rhysand but he did it anyway.
- He doesn’t believe that Feyre is strong enough to build her shields strong enough to block Rhysand from controlling her.
- He made a deal with the King of Hybern that made it 100x easier to take over Prythian and the mortal lands.
- He’s pretty stupid rn.
2. Rhysand is amazing❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
- He made Feyre learn to read and build mental shields because he wanted her to be able to read and protect herself from people like himself.
- He trained her to use her powers rather than making her hide them.
- He let her have the basic right to leave whenever she would like.
3. The Queens
- I never trusted the Queens but I didn’t think that they would sell out Velaris to The King of Hybern.
- They claim to hate the Fae but really they are just jealous of their immortality and eternal beauty.
- In the next book the king will make them do terrible things that they don’t agree with but will have to do anyway.
- What happened to the other queens?
- Feyre is queen (according to me).
- She finally learned to read!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- She has the power of all seven High Lords!! What does this mean for the future? Queen of Prythian?
- I’m scared about what going to happen in the next book. What will the King of Hybern do to her? What will Tamlin do to her? JUST GIVE ME BOOK THREE NOW PLZZZZZ!!!
5. Lucien and Elain
- I wasn’t expecting this but they are mates. Lucien and Elain are mates. I was not expecting any of this. It seems really fake right now but I ship it.
- Reasons to love The King of Hybern: Elain is now Fae and she is mated to Lucien.
- She still seems to hate the Fae but she hates the queens more. She wants the fae to save their continent even though she hates them. (That’s what I got out of it)
- I ship her with Cassian. I’ve shipped it since they first met and I will go down with this ship.
- She’s going to be a badass Fae.
- Are we going to find out what she is?
- I bet that she will end up wiping out half of Hybern’s army and kill the king.
- All I want is to know more about you because so far I’m loving you.
- Can she be my best friend? I want someone like her.
- I love how she brought Feyre to a place to be alone when she needed it.
- When we first met her I thought that she was a materialistic diva but she’s not.
9. Feyre and Rhysand
- I ship this so much. I don’t think I have ever shipped anything this hard.
- I shipped it since he saved her from being trapped inside the walls Tamlin put up to keep her locked away.
- I was so happy to find out that they were mates but so sad to find out how long Rhysand had known.
- It’s so sad that they are apart now and Rhsyand can’t go get Feyre because she’s trying to destroy Hybern from the inside.
- They are just perfect for each other and with all my feels it’s hard to explain things.
- SOOOOOO MANY FEELS!!!! (the most i have ever had from a book)
This is now one of my favourite books of all time. I love you Sarah for writing this spectacular book. If you need someone to gush about the book to you should DM me on Twitter, Tumblr or comment below because I need someone to talk to!
5/5 stars for an amazing book