This summer I want to spend a lot of time blogging and reading. TOO BAD BREANNA YOU’RE BUSY. It’s actually really sad because summer will be very busy for me and I won’t have much time to read or blog.
So here’s whats happening:
- Family reunion at lake from June 29th to July 4th
- Calgary Stampede with the family from July 7th to 10th
- I’m packing up my house to move from July 12 to July 15th
- I’m flying to Ottawa on July 16th
- We’ll get our stuff sometime between July 21st and July 25th
- Family I haven’t seen in two years is over from July 23rd to July 30th
- I’m flying to British Columbia for army cadet camp on July 31st and I’ll be there for three weeks (basic expedition)
- Plus I’m hopefully going to Fan Expo Canada in Toronto from the 1st to the 4th of September
In case you can’t tell from that little schedule I’m going to be gone a lot. I still want to get a lot of reading done to stay on track with my Goodreads goal and schedule blog posts regularly. It will happen because I can cram it all into a short period of time. BELIEVE IN MEEEEE!
- Post regularly (3 times a week) even though I’m away (without wifi) a lot.
- Write a book review for every book I read even if I don’t have my green notebook with me when I finish the book (“you can take notes later Breanna”).
- Write up blog posts on paper while you are at the lake. You need to get those written and it’s best to not sit down at the computer without any ideas.
- Be scheduling posts 3 weeks in advance (at least) even if it only stays that way for the summer.
- Think ahead and take photos for blog posts beforehand.
- Stay on track with your Goodreads goal of 120 books even if it means reading a bunch at the lake instead of socializing with family.
- (again) Write book reviews for EVERY SINGLE book you read.
- Catch up on some of those books that have been on your shelf since 2015.
- Pack for camp before I move so I don’t need to go scrambling around, looking in boxes for stuff because I can’t find it in my new house.
- Be really sociable with people at cadet camp and become part of the “cool” platoon (my friend took the course last year and said there was a cool and an uncool platoon).
- Listen to a lot of new music so I can make a really awesome long playlist. Right now my playlist is confined to Twenty One Pilots, Panic! at the Disco, Fall Out Boy, My Chemical Romance, Troye Sivan and The Weekend.
- Meet ONE person who lives near my new house. I only want to meet one person and I think that is completely reasonable goal because I’m a hermit. I’m open to meeting more than one person, of course.
- HYDRATE! I need to drink more water because I never drink water. (lol if you’ve ever been to Vernon ACTSC)
- Tell my parents about my blog. I’ve wanted to tell them so much but I’m scared of their response because they think all internet friendships include a 30 year old fat guy pretending to be a 15 year old girl. I may wait till December though because then I’ll have been blogging for a year.
- Complete my 10k word goal for Camp NaNoWriMo. I’ll be away a lot but I think I can write 10k words easily enough.
I hope that I will complete all these tasks. I will do as many as I can or as much of each as I can. I would say that I will try to complete them but “do or do not, there is no try” are some wise words from Yoda himself.
What are your goals for the summer?