August was a very busy month for me. I spent the first three weeks at cadet camp across the country and the rest sitting around my room reading (mostly doing nothing actually).
If you are interested in what I did at cadet camp I wrote wrap-ups for what I did.
- Basic Expedition: Week One
- Basic Expedition: Week Two and Three
Books Bought in August
- Hamilton: The Revolution by Lin Manuel Miranda and Jeremy McCarter
I bought this while at cadet camp. We went to the mall one day and it was on sale for $35. My friend Ayanna was at camp and we sang a bunch of Hamilton after training hours. It was so fun and people looked at us weirdly.
- Harry Potter and the Cursed Child by J.K. Rowling, John Tiffany and Jack Thorne
I was away the first three weeks of August so I never got the book. When I got back home I bought it from Costco and I still haven’t read it. I don’t have plans to read it in the next month.
- The Dream Thieves (The Raven Cycle, #2) by Maggie Stiefvater
I went to Chapters for this teen hangout and they told us about a draw where we could win a giant Throne of Glass or a Lunar Chronicles poster. The only catch was that we had to buy a book and donate money to The Love of Reading Foundation. I bought this book and donated money.
- The Throne of Glass Coloring Book by Sarah J. Maas
I was looking at books online and I saw that it was in stores. I freaked out and went to the store to buy it. All the photos are beautiful and I can’t wait for everyone to buy it and post all the photos of them coloring it.
Books Read in August
- Legacy of Kings (Blood of Gods and Royals, #1) by Eleanor Herman
- Falling Kingdoms (Falling Kingdoms, #1) by Morgan Rhodes
- An Ember in the Ashes (An Ember in the Ashes, #1) by Sabaa Tahir
- Ruin and Rising (Grisha, #3) by Leigh Bardugo
- Lies My Girlfriend Told Me by Julie Anne Peters
- Six of Crows (Six of Crows, #1) by Leigh Bardugo
- A Torch Against the Night (An Ember in the Ashes, #2) by Sabaa Tahir
- The Chasm (Madion War Trilogy, #2) by S. Usher Evans
- Spells and Sorcery (Lexie Carrigan Chronicles, #1) by S. Usher Evans
- Empire of Storms (Throne of Glass, #5) by Sarah J. Maas
In September I’m starting a new school for tenth grade. It will be my seventh school and let me tell you how much I hate going to new schools. It is so hard for me to talk to new people and I’m really scared.
I’ll be going to Fan Expo Canada and doing the whole comic expo thing. I’ll hopefully get Sam Maggs to sign my copy of The Fangirls Guide to the Galaxy and see the Hayley Atwell Q&A. I’ll probably get to meet my friend Em (piplup’s shadow) and it’ll be great.