You want your favorite authors to visit your town, right? I know I do!
Authors rarely come to Ottawa but I would like them too. Toronto is a four hour train ride away so I can’t make it to the book events that happen there often. As a high school student I and busy during the week and most weekends I’m busy with homework and other responsibilities. I’ve made it out to Toronto for only one book event (E.K. Johnston and Sarah Raugley book launch on November 26) and I hope to go to more soon!
Adam Silvera & Becky Albertalli
If you’ve read Simon vs the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli and More Happy Than Not by Adam Silvera you would agree that they need to do a panel together. Both authors wrote beautiful, funny and all-around lovable debut novels. I’ve read that they are besties so it would be really cool to see them together on a panel.
Sabaa Tahir, Leigh Bardugo, V.E. Schwab & Marie Lu
If you’ve read Sabaa Tahir’s An Ember in the Ashes or Leigh Bardugo’s Six of Crows or V.E. Schwab’s A Darker Shade of Magic or Marie Lu’s The Young Elites you’ll want to see this panel. All these ladies have written wonderful fantasy series that I love. It would be so cool to see them all up on a panel together having a nice chat and answering questions.
A few questions I would ask at each panel
- How often do you guys get together an hang out? Where do you go? What do you do?
- Would ever consider co-writing a book together?
- Pizza or Pasta?
- What is your favorite character in each persons book?
- Can you do the Book Math Tag for your book?
- What is the next book you’re writing about? Can you give us any secrets about it?
- Did you always know that you wanted to be a writer? When did you realize that this was your calling?
- Are there any authors that you haven’t met yet that you really want to meet?
- What is your ideal party like? Is it low-key with just a few friends? Is it bigger with a bunch of friends dancing together, having a good time?
- Are you more of an introvert or an extrovert?
- What is your opinion on cats? dogs? twenty one pilots?
If you’re one of those awesome people that will actually organize an event you should use the conference management page from Eventbrite.